Version 0.9.12-beta.1114 is already available for download for Windows and macOS platforms
Improved face recognition
Due to the activity of users, a number of shortcomings in the operation of the face recognition mechanism were identified. This version has a number of changes:
- Fixed a bug with multiple duplication of persons in the library when collaborating with the archive from several computers, as well as when using other applications for face recognition (such as Picasa)
- Especially for those users whose library is already clogged with numerous duplicates of the same person, the function of combining all copies into one has been added. You can call this function through the context menu by right-clicking on one of the duplicates of the person.
- Tonfotos has learned how to read person information from XMP data written to a photo file by other programs
- The face recognition logic has been noticeably simplified - now all faces are recognized immediately at the first indexing. Previously, a more complex algorithm was used, which noticeably accelerated the first indexing of the archive, but was not obvious to users and misled them, raising doubts that face recognition works at all. However, the first indexing will now slow down a little more.
- Detailed instructions for adding persons to the library have been added to the interface in order to remove the numerous questions of users “why were faces not recognized?”
- An application settings dialog has appeared, the management of the localization language and color theme has been removed from the main menu. Further there will appear other important settings.
- A number of minor bugs have been fixed and other improvements have been made.